Well, if you do have an iPhone Original and want to Jailbreak and have no use of a power button, then this is for you. I will explain them step by step below:
IMPORTANT: DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! I AM IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF PROBLEM THIS MAY CAUSE YOUR iPHONE OR COMPUTER.
REMEMBER: THIS IS A MAC USERS GUIDE. (ALTHOUGH WINDOWS USERS CAN STILL USE MOST OF IT) THIS WILL ONLY WORK ON AN iPHONE ORIGINAL (iPhone 2G).
1. Download BlackRa1n
2. Launch BlackRa1n and then click make it ra1n (make sure iPhone is synced into computer)
3. Pull the iPhone off the sync cable as soon as iTunes recognizes the iPhone in recovery mode.
4. Download 3.1.2 for iPhone Original
5. Hold Down Option and then click Restore to launch a window.
6. Click the 3.1.2 ISPW restore file to restore your iPhone to 3.1.2 (sync iPhone back into computer
7. Once iPhone is downgraded to 3.1.2 launch BlackRa1n and make it ra1n. (make sure iPhone is synced)
8. This is all if you want to just jailbreak your phone. But, if you do try to install Cydia it may not download all the packages correctly. So what do you do? This is what you do. Keep reading!
9. Download the Spirit Jailbreak.
10. Close Itunes and make sure it remains closed.
11. Uninstall BlackRa1n on iPhone by clicking blackra1n and uninstall it. (make sure Cydia is installed)
12. Once BlackRa1n is deleted off the iPhone launch the Spirit Jailbreak on your computer.
13. Let iPhone Original restore itself using Spirit Jailbreak.
14. Now, launch Cydia on your phone and it should work fine.
15. Search for “Quick Lock”.
16. Download Quick Lock (not number 2) and once your phone resprings you now have an app that will lock your phone without needing the power button.
I hope this helps those who need it!
Jailbreak An iPhone Original W/O A Power Button Archives
Friday, October 7th, 2011 at 8:18 pm